Hardware forum

Discussion in 'Satellite General' started by keymaster, Apr 12, 2016.

1. keymaster

keymaster Admin Staff Member

Hi
    Our previous Hardware moderatorr Johnny Burrrp is no longer a moderator on this forum but has his own forum about repair of clone receivers. We do not want to be a portal for other forums but as many people ask I will post the link on this thread and make it a sticky - however continual posting of other forum links will be treated as SPAM.
    Many thanks
    Key

=====> https://jb8a8f8.com/ <====

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    John-2k10 likes this.
  2. misiozoI

misiozoI newbie

Well this would happen sooner or later , sad it came to this point , good old days are gone, suppose mystery visa update for ferrari card is gone all went to crap sad sad days , and no one want to release source code for ferrari visa update and what was left as aftermath of this whole drama , so NO MORE CLONES FOR ME still have dm8k with faulty psu and it's just collecting dust sad :(

3. keymaster

Hi
    I am sure Hardware guru above with mend power supply or a genuine one could be fitted, ferrari visa card was paid for to engineer but date was always moved back and never came. "all went to crap" when sales stopped and factory closed, but we kept forum running for another 3 years and is still running.
    As previous moderators run two seperate forums about clone boxes we saw little point in continue with clones, because unlike them we have had no commercial interest in them for years.
    Many thanks
    K

John-2k10 likes this.
  4. misiozoI

misiozoI newbie

Wont be buying new one , waste of money as have quad gugablue with no silly sim card ;) , I can fix it my self but have no time to play, and even so would rather made custom psu than this junk from china ;)

5. keymaster

Hi,
    Ok, no worries, I was merely trying to answer the points you made. Personally I don't think anybody on this forum will be upset if you don't buy another clone as i also lost a considerable amount to this.
    I am however confused, as you say it's sad the forum has come to this but you don't like clones. I personally paid for the forum to keep going without clones, as I felt similar to you. The moderators who wanted to continue with clones started their own forums - so win/win situation. If people want to talk about clones you have their forums if you want to talk about new things such as home automation, security, media players, raspberry pie, kodi then you are very welcome to do so here.
    Many thanks
    Key

6. misiozoI

misiozoI newbie

Sad is that all went to hell like visa card update and more , sad that no one after money went away released source code/binary's and schematics so we can continue development or fix them , and there fore will not buy another clone all do I was quite satisfy with it, clone psu were dying like flays and in some moment it came to that it;s no more viable option to fix it again just to buy new one like gigablue, bit sad that is just some chapter that brings tear in my eye ;)

7. keymaster

Hi
    well Ferraricard was still paying engineer and this forum more than 18 months after he had last sold a sim, I am not sure if you are aware just how much the engineers charged. as for releasing source code previous engineer released it all over the internet, many engineers said they could complete it for considerable sums of money but when it came down to it their mouth was writing cheques their ability could not cash.
    If you believe you are able them PM me and i will forward your contact details to him, as i did with others, but as you can see they were not capable.
    I am sure you can see this conversation is going round in circles so i am sure that you don't want to seen to be trolling so I would suggest that if you are not offering to do this that their is no point in contiually talking about things that happened 3 years ago, however if you feel this is needed then you will get more "bite" on one or both of the other forums that are more dedicated to ferrari clones and are run by the mods that answered such questions previously here.
    many thanks
    Key